Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Years Resolution

My New Years Resolution for 2012 is to RUN!

I'm going to run run run run run all year long.

My actual goal is to run at least one 5k (or farther run) a month (12 in all, in case I can't quite get 1 in every month, I may have to do 2 in one month)

At the end of the year, when I have 12 t-shirts from all of these runs, I'm going to make me an awesome t-shirt quilt.

I'm trying to talk Chris into doing this with me. He's a bit hesitant, and not sure he'll be ready for our January run (not sure when it is yet... hopefully towards the end of the month) but we're making it a rule that if one of us needs to go exercise or run, the other one should let them (within reason). So if he starts this week, I'm sure he'll do fine. 

I'm excited though. And I think I can actually keep this resolution. It's easy and tangible I guess. Not like "grow more spiritually" or "become a better person."

It's something I can do, I can schedule, and I can run. 

I'm way excited and can't wait til the end of the year to be able to make my quilt and show it off. Anyone else have any resolutions?

1 comment:

  1. You should run the "Fangtastick" 5k you get to run and get a shirt and get tickets to a hockey game. Leon and I and our student might run it.

    L.

    ReplyDelete

Leave A Note!