Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Any suggestions? Her fever feels like it's creeping back up. We've given her a bath and are trying to keep giving pedialite, but she won't drink it. i hope this justs works it's way out tonight, but if not we may be going to the doc tomorrow!
It's wednesday now... we all slept downstairs in the living room because of we were worried about maddie throwing up in the middle of the night and it either choking her or her laying in it. Yuck. she continued to throw up all night long and this morning too. She got me good this morning, soaking my shirt and pants. I finally called the doc and asked what to do. They said it's a bug that's going around, just keep her hydrated. So we're counting diapers, I'm not nursing her, she's only drinking pedialyte that's spiked with sugar or fruit juice to make it taste better. At the moment she's sleeping peacefully in her own bed upstairs. I keep checking on her every 15 or 20 minutes to make sure she's not throwing up.
I apologize if I seem super paranoid, but Maddie's never been this sick. I know every kid goes through these things. It's just her first. Taylor got sick at this age and lost alot of weight, and it took a while to get her back on track. That was actually when I decided to quit nursing her because she threw up every time I did. Since maddie isn't suppose to be nursing right now, I'm worried about milk drying up and all that jazz. It's a little stressful for me.
Hopefully, she'll do good for the rest of the day. And not get dehydrated. :) Well, time to go check on her again!
Sunday, April 26, 2009
When she is awake she's kinda limp. She doesn't want to play, just nurse or cuddle. I feel so bad for her. I know she's got to be feeling awful. I think her fever has gone down some now. She doesn't feel as warm as she did earlier. It scared me a little that it went up a whole degree WITH tylenol.
She doesn't have any other symptoms... not even a runny nose. Any other mommy's out there with ideas? What it could be? Ways to help keep her fever down? I'd appreciate it. :) Also, I'd appreciate it if you all could keep my little girl in your prayers. Thanks.
Thursday, April 23, 2009
... how fast your kids grow up. I love that Maddie can now play Peek a boo. This next video is something Maddie learned to do tonight. Taylor also is feeding Maddie in the video. For some reason she's taken over a more motherly role the past few days. After Maddie was done eating, taylor went and got out the wipes to clean Maddie off. It's cute seeing her be the big sis!
Taylor also came out with some new stuff today... She walked up to me this afternoon and said " Mommy, watch this, I'm a dinosaur!" First off, she's never said "watch this"... she's always said "look" and secondly, she's never told me that she was a dinosaur straight out like that. She'll roar, and when I ask if she's a dinosaur, she'll nod. It's neat that she's learning so much. She also learned to say "Holla at ya boys" thanks to an old McDonald's toy from Madagascar!
And another thing I think is kinda funny, Taylor is terrified of Isaac naked, which is weird cause she ALWAYS follows him to the bathroom when he needs to go. But when we got to John and Krystin's yesterday, Isaac was naked and Taylor would not go anywhere near him, until he had underwear on. The only thing I can think is that I hope she's always so terrified of Naked boys!!!
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Angie ??? Did she have hers yet?
A ton of women in my ward and my parents ward are... It seems like the cool thing to be... But I'M NOT... and I don't want to be. If I get asked one more time, someone's getting a swift kick in the shins.
When you're asked if you're pregnant, but you're NOT, you have to wonder, "Why are they asking me this?" "Am I fat?" "Am I crabby?" "Am I eating enough for two?" I may be all of these things right now, but I'm NOT pregnant. I was even told, I must just be bloated!!! Now, I know that I'm petite, and if I gain a little weight, it looks like ALOT more... but DANG PEOPLE! You really know how to compliment a girl.
At this point in my life, I'm okay with the thought that we're done having kids. I'm sure that it will change in a few years and I'll want more kids, but for now... NO. I'm DONE! My body/brain/spirit/heart/emotions could not handle it!
So, for the sake of your shins and my sanity, if you see me around and I'm looking a bit chunkier than usual, if I'm a bit snappy with you, or I'm eating 1/2 a cow... don't bother asking. I'm not knocked up!
Sunday, April 19, 2009
But here are her "senior" Pictures!
Saturday, April 18, 2009
- Thanks to Aunt Monica, she's trying to sit herself up when she's on her hands and knees. She's done it on her own a few times. :) Very Exciting.
- She's learning to clap her hands. Sometimes she pats her thighs, sometimes she tries to clap and then just grasps her hands together. I think in just a few days she'll have it down. I think she may also be confusing clapping for "more" in sign language... cause it seems she does the same hand movements when she wants more food, or more specifically, more ice cream.
- Maddie is beginning to figure out the crawling thing. She's been rolling and scooting across the floor for a bit now, but she's started rocking back and forth on her hands and knees, and scooting backwards. That backwards scoot may seem like the opposite of crawling, but for those of you with kids, you understand that it is just the beginning.
- Maddie is sleeping through the night. That's right, I get a full nights sleep almost every night now. Well, I have for the past week. I'm so excited. This may be one of my favorites.
- Maddie is taking baths in the big tub now with Taylor. She does very well sitting up on her own in the tub, even though it's slippery. She's only slipped once, and I was right there to catch her. Me and chris decided to get those no slip sticky things you put in the bottom of the tub - it's late(or early, depending.) and I can't think of another name for them.
- People think maddie looks like EVERYONE. Seriously. Here's just a few of what I've heard, Grandma (Chris' mom), Papa (my dad), Me and Chris, obviously, Josh and Shauna Lifferth (don't know how we managed that one!), Jeremy's girls, different aunts and uncles... It's just funny to me that every person who sees her sees a different person in her face.
Since I'm typing it up about Maddie, I figured I'd add in a some of my favorite Taylor sayings and such...
- Taylor is singing ALL the time now. Itsy Bitsy Spider a favorite, along with the ABC's, and Skidamerinkie dinkie dink. She still likes the killers, and will also sing along with a few Kings of Leon songs now too. She's a total Rocker!
- Taylor is all about her independence now. She's constantly telling me " My do it!" I don't know if that's cute to anyone else, but I LOVE it.
- Taylor does the dishes. She puts up the silverware for me. She knows what drawer it all goes in, and she grabs handfuls of forks and spoons and butterknives out of the dishwasher and just drops them into the drawer. I have to go back later and organize it, but I love that she's already into helping out. She also knows where the little dishwasher soap packets are and she loves to get them out, open them, and put them in the dishwasher. She even starts it after all this. I'm training her young!
- She's been pretending lately that she's a dinosaur. Don't know where this one came from, but she's always coming up to me now roaring and growling. I've gone through all the usual animals (tiger, bear, lion) and it's none of those. I finally asked if she was a dinosaur and she did her silly nod. So Taylor's into dinos now.
- Taylor loves to play Peek-a-boo, only she calls it "Peek-at-you" This one cracks me up too.
- Taylor has learned how to spell her name and recognize it... maybe it has something to do with the letters chris made at work that are now on her wall... I don't know, But she knows it. Yesterday I sat down with her while she was coloring and wrote out a T. I asked her what it was and she told me. I went through the rest of the letters of her name and she said them all (except O is zero. I don't know to explain to her that zero is a number and Oh is a letter when they look exactly the same. So I just go with it.) After I wrote out her name, I asked her what that spelled, and she said "Taylor." I was so Shocked! My daughter's a genius! :) In my head anyways.
- Taylor tells me to Shut Up now. Usually when I'm telling her to stop something she's doing wrong. It was very shocking to hear. But we washed her mouth out with soap and we haven't heard her say it again. Hopefully this has solved our issue!
Okay, so I feel like this is long and rambling. Y'all don't want to hear all this crazy silly stuff bout my girls. I guess this is more for reference for me when I'm trying to figure out all the crazy things my girls were doing when they were so tiny. They're growing up so fast. Like my mom says: "The days are long, but the years are short!" It's too true.
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Today was that day for me. Super Keaven struck!
Here's what I've done today (so far...)
- cleaned, dusted, and vaccumed my room
- cleaned, dusted, and vaccumed the girls room
- cleaned, dusted, and vaccumed the game room
- rearranged the game room so that the girls can play while I crochet/sew/scrapbook
- Gone through ALL the toys in the game room and sorted them.
- vaccumed the hall
- cleaned, dusted, and vaccumed the den
- cleaned off the bookcase
- cleaned the kitchen
- swept the floor
- cleared off counters
- unloaded the dishwasher, reloaded the dishwasher, unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher again!
- crocheted 5 (that's right... five) hats
- sorted laundry
Okay, so no shower yet today, but on cleaning days like today, showering before your hard work is pointless. And the girls have yet to be bathed... so here's the rest of my day.
- fix and eat dinner
- clean up after dinner
- hang out/play with the girls
- watch the mentalist
- wash 6 loads of laundry
- fold all that laundry
- put up all that laundry
- bath the girls
- put the girls down for bed
- make sure i'm still on with krystin tomorrow
- clean up from playing earlier
- crochet as much as I can before bed
I love days like today. That means for the rest of the week, the only cleaning that needs done is the bathroom. :) I might even be able to squeeze that one in tonight too. Oh, and i was thinking about cleaning out the fridge. I think there maybe left overs from like 2 weeks ago in there. And it would be a good way to figure out what all we have too.
We are missing the g-parents. It feels weird without them here. But before we know it, they'll be back. And hopefully during this time, I'll be able to keep things clean. I hope super Keaven is here to stay for a bit. If not, I'm getting as much done as I can while she's still here. :)
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
I've also got a cold/flu/uri/funky disease that is making my throat sore, my head throb, my ears ache, my back hurt. I'm just all around yuck right now. I got it from Chris who got it from Cayce! That's right cayce :) You got ALL of us sick. I think mom said something about Michael cursing you for it :) J/K We love you and it was great to see you (and joey) the other weekend. But next time your sick stay home!!! We love you! By the way, I may come by one day soon... let me know when you have a free day and I'll bring the girls and we'll go shopping.
Anyways, I've felt awful. The girls have too which means they aren't sleeping well. I'm not sleeping well. I've got some pills that are suppose to help me sleep, but get this, My sleeping Pills don't make me sleep! In fact, they make me talkative, like most drugs do. So last night, I stayed up til Midnight, keeping chris up with my chattiness (including me asking about all the romantic things he ever did for his other girlfriends... turns out, there weren't any! Romantic things, not girlfriends.)
Okay, so, I need a bit of cheering up. So here's my cheering up!
A man is dining in a fancy restaurant and there is a gorgeous redhead sitting at the next table. He has been checking her out since he sat down, but lacks the nerve to talk with her. Suddenly she sneezes, and her glass eye comes flying out of its socket toward the man. He reflexively reaches out, grabs it out of the air, and hands it back.
'Oh my, I am so sorry,' the woman says as she pops her eye back in place. 'Let me buy your dinner to make it up to you,' she says. They enjoy a wonderful dinner together, and afterwards they go to the theatre followed by drinks. They talk, they laugh, she shares her deepest dreams and he shares his. She listens.
After paying for everything, she asks him if he would like to come to her place for breakfast in the morning. They had a wonderful, wonderful time. The next morning, she cooks a gourmet meal with all the trimmings. The guy is amazed.
Everything had been SO incredible! 'You know,' he said, 'you are the perfect woman. Are you this nice to every guy you meet?' 'No,' she replies. . .
She says: 'You just happened to catch my eye.'
Monday, April 6, 2009
***Note*** Immediately after posting this I went to check the pot and sure enough Taylor had just peed! WOOHOO. We told grandma, tried to call my mom and dad, and did a little dance. Taylor also got to pick out a pair of panties (with elmo on them of course) to wear. Sadly, taylor tinkled just a little bit in them about 15 minutes after we put them on (just enough to wet the panties.) So I put a diaper back on. I don't even think she realized she did it. Guess she might not be ready for training then. I don't know. Any advice?
Saturday, April 4, 2009
Of course, my list started off with Johnny Depp...
Next on my list is Nicholas Cage!
There is just something about his eyes! (I guess I like eyes.) I know he's old (for me anyways) and balding. But I think he's so cute. I dreamed about him when I was preggers! LOL. He'd come pick me up on a motorcycle (guess I had watched ghost rider) and then we'd make out. It was awesome! :)
Next comes another oldie but goodie... John Cusack
Again, here is some facial hair. This is my favorite... the 5 o'clock shadow. Don't know what it is. I just like it. I love the messy hair... the bored look... kinda like a bad boy, but not hard core... a mischevious thing I guess. I don't know. Just like it.
After that, I couldn't think... Who else do I like? It seriously took me like 3 days to think of some other people, and then I couldn't stop.
So here are my others, in no particular order...
James McAvoy - absolutely GORGEOUS. Those eyes, that facial hair. Loved him in becoming Jane, penelope, and others. Just all around super cute man.
Ryan Reynolds - super funny, and I'd have to say, best smile out of my top 5+!
Christopher Gorham - Not as popular as some other guys, but uber cute. I've got a soft spot for nerds too, and he was perfect playing Henry on Ugly Betty. I love him in glasses.
Ryan Gosling - I guess it's another messy hair, facial hair, rough look thing. I love him. I loved him way back when, Pre-Notebook, even Pre-Murder by Numbers. I'm a fan all the way back to the Mickey Mouse Club. Super hottie.
McSteamy - I don't know his real name, but boy is he steamy :) He reminds me of chris... it's the face shape, the eyes, the facial hair (once I find something I like... I stick with it!) He's one of my favorites!
Brandon Flowers- He's hot... and he sings! There's not much better than that (except you babe! Love you!) Oh... and this one is LDS... maybe not practicing, but still! it's got to be in there somewhere right :) He named his son Ammon... gotta mean something. Can you guess why I like him? Hair, eyes, facial hair, voice.
Thursday, April 2, 2009
I keep going back and forth between love and hate.
It reminds me of high school (I had bangs from the time I was 2 til almost 20!)
I think I need a week or two for it to grow on me (lol... i mean, my bangs need to grow just a bit longer!)
Oh, and it's NOT red. I keep dying it dark brown, and it keeps lightening up to this color!!!!
I will be dying it again this weekend. I'll post the pic soon