Saturday, April 18, 2009

Maddie is 7 months now! and my favorite Taylorisms.

Over the past few days it seems like Maddie has grown up in leaps and bounds. Maybe it's just the fact that now she's closer to being a year old than a newborn. Here's what Maddie can now do at 7 months old...
  • Thanks to Aunt Monica, she's trying to sit herself up when she's on her hands and knees. She's done it on her own a few times. :) Very Exciting.
  • She's learning to clap her hands. Sometimes she pats her thighs, sometimes she tries to clap and then just grasps her hands together. I think in just a few days she'll have it down. I think she may also be confusing clapping for "more" in sign language... cause it seems she does the same hand movements when she wants more food, or more specifically, more ice cream.
  • Maddie is beginning to figure out the crawling thing. She's been rolling and scooting across the floor for a bit now, but she's started rocking back and forth on her hands and knees, and scooting backwards. That backwards scoot may seem like the opposite of crawling, but for those of you with kids, you understand that it is just the beginning.
  • Maddie is sleeping through the night. That's right, I get a full nights sleep almost every night now. Well, I have for the past week. I'm so excited. This may be one of my favorites.
  • Maddie is taking baths in the big tub now with Taylor. She does very well sitting up on her own in the tub, even though it's slippery. She's only slipped once, and I was right there to catch her. Me and chris decided to get those no slip sticky things you put in the bottom of the tub - it's late(or early, depending.) and I can't think of another name for them.
  • People think maddie looks like EVERYONE. Seriously. Here's just a few of what I've heard, Grandma (Chris' mom), Papa (my dad), Me and Chris, obviously, Josh and Shauna Lifferth (don't know how we managed that one!), Jeremy's girls, different aunts and uncles... It's just funny to me that every person who sees her sees a different person in her face.

Since I'm typing it up about Maddie, I figured I'd add in a some of my favorite Taylor sayings and such...

  • Taylor is singing ALL the time now. Itsy Bitsy Spider a favorite, along with the ABC's, and Skidamerinkie dinkie dink. She still likes the killers, and will also sing along with a few Kings of Leon songs now too. She's a total Rocker!
  • Taylor is all about her independence now. She's constantly telling me " My do it!" I don't know if that's cute to anyone else, but I LOVE it.
  • Taylor does the dishes. She puts up the silverware for me. She knows what drawer it all goes in, and she grabs handfuls of forks and spoons and butterknives out of the dishwasher and just drops them into the drawer. I have to go back later and organize it, but I love that she's already into helping out. She also knows where the little dishwasher soap packets are and she loves to get them out, open them, and put them in the dishwasher. She even starts it after all this. I'm training her young!
  • She's been pretending lately that she's a dinosaur. Don't know where this one came from, but she's always coming up to me now roaring and growling. I've gone through all the usual animals (tiger, bear, lion) and it's none of those. I finally asked if she was a dinosaur and she did her silly nod. So Taylor's into dinos now.
  • Taylor loves to play Peek-a-boo, only she calls it "Peek-at-you" This one cracks me up too.
  • Taylor has learned how to spell her name and recognize it... maybe it has something to do with the letters chris made at work that are now on her wall... I don't know, But she knows it. Yesterday I sat down with her while she was coloring and wrote out a T. I asked her what it was and she told me. I went through the rest of the letters of her name and she said them all (except O is zero. I don't know to explain to her that zero is a number and Oh is a letter when they look exactly the same. So I just go with it.) After I wrote out her name, I asked her what that spelled, and she said "Taylor." I was so Shocked! My daughter's a genius! :) In my head anyways.
  • Taylor tells me to Shut Up now. Usually when I'm telling her to stop something she's doing wrong. It was very shocking to hear. But we washed her mouth out with soap and we haven't heard her say it again. Hopefully this has solved our issue!

Okay, so I feel like this is long and rambling. Y'all don't want to hear all this crazy silly stuff bout my girls. I guess this is more for reference for me when I'm trying to figure out all the crazy things my girls were doing when they were so tiny. They're growing up so fast. Like my mom says: "The days are long, but the years are short!" It's too true.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave A Note!