Thursday, November 15, 2007

Just a Couple Things

Just a couple things

1. I have this crazy little habit I've developed since I had taylor. About one or two nights a week, I'll wake up at like 2 or 3 in the morning. No one else will be up, but I'm "just drank a pot of coffee" awake, so I have to do something. I started taking bubble baths. At 2 in the morning. Chris got me some bath oils too, so I throw those in sometimes. It's the most relaxing thing in the entire world. I feel like the only person in the world awake. I put on a cd and just sit there, til I get all wrinkly or taylor wakes up (the bathroom I use is right next to her room and the running water usually wakes her up at some point.) I took my bath this morning, and it was great. Taylor woke up before I was ready to get out, but I got out anyways and got her back to sleep and then I went to bed. But my little midnight baths keep me sane. Just wanted to share.

2. Guys are always complaining that girls don't just come right out and say what they want. They leave little hints and the guys are too thick to get them. Well... Last week, I flat out TOLD chris "I want a romantic date. Take me out on a romantic Date." So I figured... There, I told him... now he's going to plan to take me out somewhere romantic and we'll do something fun and it'll be great! So last night I was talking to him and I asked him,

"What are we going to do on our date?"
"What date?"
"The one you're taking me on."
"Ummm...."
"You ARE planning a romantic date for us right?"
"Uh, Yeah."
"No you're not."
"..."
"Chris! I even TOLD you... I didn't leave hints... I flat out said it... I said, Take me out on a romantic date... And you STILL didn't get it!"
"I thought you would plan it and I would drive!"
"That's not YOU taking ME out on a date... That's ME taking YOU."
"No, I would be driving so it's really ME taking YOU!"
"Look, you have to plan a romantic date, and take me out okay!"
"Okay, what do you want to do???"
"NOOOOOO... YOU HAVE TO TAKE ME OUT ON A ROMANTIC DATE AND PLAN IT... ALL YOU... YOU DO IT... YOU PICK IT (no sports bars to watch some football game)... YOU PLAN IT. MAKE IT ROMANTIC!!!!!"

I was laughing this whole time. I wasn't really mad (honestly, i'm not mad about this... YET!). Just amazed at the fact that, I dunno, He didn't believe me, or didn't get it... I didn't even leave hints. You know, I know you guys don't think about stuff like this after you're married. You've got us already, So you're not trying to impress us. You don't have to WOO us anymore. But why don't you think about some little things you could do to suprise us. Come home with a little treat for us. Tell us to sit down and watch "The Real Housewives Of Orange County" and you'll cook dinner. It would be so nice to be DOTED on every once in a while.

I'm not normally a needy wife. I don't need pampering. I don't care if we watch football all freakin weekend long, I'll even watch most of it with you. I'm not the princess type. But that doesn't mean that you can't treat me like your queen every once in a while.

I'm not saying I need THINGS. I don't need flowers (they'll die in a few days anyways) I don't need chocolates (don't really like them.) I don't need jewelry.(there's so much else we could spend the money on) All I need is for you to think about me... show me you think about me. And spend time with me... just with me... not with family, not with taylor, not with dane cook, not with some movie, just me and you. We could go play pool, or go bowling or go play putt-putt (they have that glow in the dark one out at opry mills) I don't care. Make something up. Let's go have pictures made (yeah right) or go window shopping for a new bed room suite even. I'll do anything, as long as I can do it with you and only you. That's not much... I don't think so anyways. I'm not high maintenance. I just want a little time alone with my husband! Even if it's just one night a month... that's fine. Just some time alone.

I do just about everything I do because of Chris... I shave my legs for him even. I clean up our apartment so it's not a mess when he gets home from work, even though I've got taylor crying and fussing and throwing toys everywhere all day long, sady whines to be taken out every hour and a half, and I have old men calling me all day long to get on the phone to more of their clients. I try to have dinner ready, every day at 4:30... and it's too bad if you're going to be late (5:15) and you don't call me to tell me a head of time. I even try to make enough so there will be leftovers you can take to work, so you don't have to eat just a sandwich and chips.

Anyways, I'm just rambling now. All I want is one date. A romantic one. That chris plans and takes me on. I want him to find a baby sitter, him to pick where we eat, him to decide what we'll do... That's not a whole lot. It's very manageable I think. And he better do it. If not... I'll lock him out or something! And he won't get any for a long time. If he's not gonna try... me neither.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave A Note!