Thursday, November 29, 2007

Pre-New Years Resolutions

There's a baby screaming in her room, needing her mom and I'm sitting here needing my space. I'm a bad mom right now, but we can't be perfect all the time. I'll grab her in a minute.

I've been insanely thoughtful lately. I don't know... too much time on my hands I guess. And too much crap in my head. My friend wrote a blog on trying to be better... So I'm doing the same. He was talking about not complaining anymore and I decided I needed to take a cue from his example and do the same. Then I guess I took it a step further. Here goes... My Pre-New Year's Resolutions.

1. See the Magic!
There's this song that I really enjoy by Jamie Cullum where he says "When I look back on my ordinary life, I see so much magic though I missed it at the time." And it's so true. I think of what a boring life I've had... and then I realize it's been the complete opposite. It has been amazing. I have been so loved and blessed. Here's a little of the Magic in my life.

My husband. My one and only. I truly believe with all my heart there have never been any two people more perfect for each other. We have such an amazing relationship. He is so wonderful to me and I was lost until I met him. I truly feel like a queen around him. He can always make me smile. ALWAYS.

My daughter. Always learning, always growing, always changing. She so precious. So perfect. So special. She has the gorgeous eyes, I feel like she knows me better than anyone else when she looks at me. Those eyes are going to drive the boys crazy one day. And she's so funny. I didn't know babies could have so much personality. She gets that from her dad. Those eyebrows are so expressive. She's too amazing for words.

My family. And this includes them all. My in-laws, cousins, aunts and uncles, grandparents, those still here and those who've passed on. The story of their lives are such an example. Their advice is always helpful. Their love is always appreciated. Their laughter makes me happy. I enjoy my family so much more than most people do. I am so blessed to have so many who care about me.

The world around me. My home is gorgeous. This is one of the prettiest places in the world. I love the people here, the landscape, the whole feel. The leaves are changing right now and there is a chill in the air letting me know that Christmas is soon. As much as I hate the cold, I do enjoy this time of year. I love the excitement of it all.

2. No complaining!
With all of these wonderful blessing around me, what is there to complain about? Life could always be worse. Things are going so good for me and chris right now. We both have good jobs, a nice home, a wonderful healthy daughter. And if we did lose those things... there would other things to be grateful for. We have a good family, we will be together forever, Our Heavenly Father loves us and cares about us and those things will never change. I need to be more grateful for the things around me. And I can't do that when I'm all focused on the negative!

3. No talking about people.
I've realized lately that usually, when someone has done something to hurt my feelings, I've done something back. No story is one-sided and when I talk bad about people, it's bad for me! Even when I'm not saying anything bad, it's still gossip and it can still hurt. If I have something to discuss about a person, I need to do it with that person. Not anyone else.

4. Be a better friend.
I have needed someone to talk to lately, and I found that person in someone I didn't think wanted to listen. I realized that when I'm a better friend, people are better friends to me. It also helps me get over my own needs when I can help someone else. And when I'm helping a friend work out her problems, I usually find a way to work out my own. It's a win-win situation.


This is all I've got so far. Maybe these are actually keepable. Instead of physical resolutions, I'm going all internal this year! :) But I need to be a better person. And this is my way of starting that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave A Note!