Monday, December 8, 2008

Doctor Appointments and Football!

Today, my girls had their 2 month and 18 month check up (just in time for their 3 month and 19 month birthdays next week.) Okay, So I'm a little late. Oh well.

They are getting SO big. Taylor is over 1/2 as tall as me. Yup. That's right. I'm 58 inches tall. Taylor is 31 1/4 inches tall. That's over half! LOL. She's getting bigger too, moving up that growth curve. She's in the 28th percentile now! Weight wise, she's thinning out a bit. Guess it's from the height growth. She's 23 lbs, 9.5 oz. That's the 33% for her age. She used to be right in the middle. She did very well. Had 3 shots. I realized she's got molars now when I had to hold her down as she got the shots. I have never seen the inside of her mouth that well. I think she has 10 teeth now! She might have an ear infection or two though, so the doc gave me a perscription for some antibiotics to use just in case I feel she needs them. Like, if she gets a fever in the next week or so. I thought that was nice. Then I won't have to take her back in.

Madison did very well too. She's 11 lbs, 11 oz (chris is going to laugh at that! I HATE 11/11. Just HATE it! I'm a numbers freak. Those are bad numbers!) I think it's funny she's almost exactly 1/2 of taylors weight. Again, I'm a numbers freak! That's about average for weight. She's 21 3/4 inches tall. My little shortie. I wonder if she'll do like taylor's starting to do and move up the curve. Right now she's in the 8th percentile. Maddie had her eyes swabbed twice today to check for infection. Sadly, they've been BADLY gouping up, and I can't keep them clean. I try, but they get very irritated and she hates to have them wiped. But the doc said they won't do anything about it til she's 6-9 months. Yeah, that's what they told me about taylor... then 9 months turned into 12, to 15, to 18! And I still don't have the referral for the opthamologist! (just cause the doc forgot it this time, but still!) They gave me an antibiotic ointment to put on her eyes, and told me they'd call if there was anything else we needed to do for them! They are also putting her on a vitamin perscription. Even though I'm taking vitamins, they're still worried about her getting enough vitamin D, but they worry about that with all breastfed babies. So we get to give her vitamins now.

I was SO excited to have this appointment over. And both girls did great. Yes, they fussed, but not too bad. I even went shopping afterwards, and to the post office. My mom was with me of course... so that was nice.

My Dr. appt is this wednesday. I am going to get the miracle MIRENA! Man, I can't wait. I've heard such wonderful things about it. I am a bit curious though... has anyone else gotten this while they were still breastfeeding? Let me know if you have, I've got some ????'s that I don't want to post on here. I'm afraid of grossing people out! I am excited though. A little worried that it's going to hurt. But not too bad. The doc said I could drive myself there and back, so how bad could it be right? Chris was thinking about taking the day off... but I told him nah! I'd rather have him home for a few days at x-mas! I'm a big girl. I think I can handle it! It will be such a relief to not worry about it! I have these fun little pills to take the night before. I'll have to remember them tomorrow night.

I was reading about the effectiveness of it... It's more effective than a Male vasectomy, tubal ligation, paragard IUD, the shot, the pill, the patch, EVERYTHING! I like those odds :) I need those odds.

Oh also! Chris went to the Titans Game yesterday! One of the other guys who was suppose to go couldn't, so Michael went too. They had fun. I'm glad they got to see such a good game. Michael went to the ONE AND ONLY loss this season, the Jets game. So I'm glad they played well yesterday to make up for it. I can't believe they've had such a good season. I'm really enjoying watching them play now. And listening to the Pre and Post Game shows. I like hearing people talk about how good we are :)

For all those other Titans fans out there:
DAH, DAH, DA, DA, DA, DAH
GO, TITANS, GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave A Note!