Sunday, August 30, 2009

My 25th...

That's right, I can now officially rent a car... I'm older than alot of NFL players (too weird!!!), And I feel OLD. But that's alright, Cause I've felt 16 for the past 9 years... it's kinda nice to feel a little bit grown up.

Anyways... Here's our crazy weekend!

Friday evening we went to the Fish Fry almost as soon as Chris got home from work. It was great food, great friends, great fun. We didn't camp with the ward, cause we can't even make it a whole night in a tent in the back yard. Maybe next time. After the fish fry we went shopping for food for my party on Saturday. We got home, cranked up some tunes on the IPOD, and danced and cooked and cleaned and partied, all by ourselves. Taylor and Maddie were getting down, shaking their little behinds... it was cute.

Saturday we woke up early to get the house ready for the party, make more food, and get ready to go on the General Jackson (my b-day present from Chris!) It was SO much fun. The girls both LOVED it and so did me and Chris. Taylor had been talking about it ALL week. The food was Delicious, and were able to get the tickets 1/2 price (search online for coupons!) The entertainment was entertaining... though Chris isn't a huge fan of country... actually - he's not a fan at all! Regardless, it was fun. We went for lunch and the views along the river were gorgeous, but I'd like to try it at night too, to be able to see all the lights downtown... That one I think would be more romantic, so I think if we did it, we'd go sans kids!

When we got back from the river, we finished getting everything set up and then started the party! A ton of great friends came, and family too. Thank you so much to those of you who came, and for my cards and gifts. :) I loved them all. We had great food, great birthday cookie, and great fun playing Rock Band and chattin. I think we finally went to bed a little after midnight last night.

Then this morning, we woke up early, had breakfast, got ready and went up to church at my parents ward with some friends of ours. It was fun to see people I've missed so much. By the way devrie, your daughter is gorgeous... and we need to hang out... call me! Anywho - then back home we came, chris finished preparing for his talk and then we headed out to our ward. Chris gave a great talk about how pretty I am :) J/K. It was on revelation. And he did wonderful... It's a bit weird to see him being serious though... he's usually crackin all sorts of jokes. :) it was refreshing too though. He's got such a great testimony and understanding of the gospel... anyways. After some interviews and such, we came home, I took a nap, and then we had dinner with our family.

I feel like this is the first time (besides my nap) that I can relax since thursday night. And I'm ready to go to bed like 30 minutes ago! Anyways... It was a great birthday and one I'll remember forever!

Oh, and by the way... I just want to let everyone know that I will be turning 25 for the next 20 years... Every Aug 29th! Just thought I'd give y'all the heads up before you ask! ::wink,wink::

1 comment:

  1. So were you surprised that Mitch and his wife were here? He made me promise that I wouldn't tell. I hope that you had a great birthday.

    ReplyDelete

Leave A Note!