Monday, March 31, 2008

Crazy Daze

I feel just a bit like I'm in a daze at the moment. It's been a crazy week this week. Well, it hasn't been a full week yet, but almost. I'll start with last Wednesday.

My mom fell. She was walking out the front door to meet a friend to go downtown to the Library and Archives to do some family history research. On her way out, she missed a step or something and fell down the concrete stairs at the front of our house. She scrapped up her legs and ankles pretty badly. But she thought she was okay (for the most part, maybe a sprain.) So I bandaged up her leg, put a brace on her ankle, and she went on her way. That evening she came home and went to bed... She didn't look too good (sorry mom) and said that she thought her ankle might be broken, not sprained. I called my dad and told him he needed to get her to the dr. So he came home and they went to the ER. Good thing he took her. Her right leg is broken right above her ankle, and her left ankle is badly sprained. So she's immobile at the moment. I told her it's Heavenly Father's way of making her slow down since she won't take a break on her own. He works in extreme ways when you ignore him :) She's fine though, the pain is managed with perscriptions and she crawls to the bathroom. Sometime today or tomorrow she's getting the real cast put on (her leg was too swollen at the time for her hard cast.) She insisting on NO VISITORS, so for those of you tempted to check on her, she's fine. She's embarassed her room looks the way it does and her hair is a mess and she has no make up on. If you did come over all she would do is apologize for thirty minutes about the condition of the house (which I have been cleaning, but it's not the same as doing it yourself I guess,) the condition of her face and hair, sorry she fell and put us all in the position of taking care of her... anyways. She'll be fine. It was just an accident.

Thursday, was kinda a date night since chris didn't come home til 10 on monday night and later on wednesday too. I swear I didn't make him take me out. I didn't say anything at all... he did it all on his own. He's sweet like that sometimes. Anyways, we went out with Michael and his girlfriend and my old friend Phillip and his wife. We ate dinner at sabaro's downtown, went on the walking bridge, saw bret Michael's body guard (also kid rocks) BIG JOHN, and then tried to go dancing, but only two girls were dancing (hired help I guess) and like 10 old men were watching them, so we left. :( I was just a little dissappointed about this part, cause I really like to dance and don't remember the last time me and chris were able to dance together. But all in all, it was a great night.

Friday, I don't remember what happened on friday... I'm trying to think but this awful baby brain is ruining it. I do know me and chris didn't come to bed til late and I need my sleep! OH yeah!!!! It was lily's birthday. It was great! She's so cute and totally dug into her cake. I'm sure candace will put up pictures for those of you who are interested, just check out her blog. But we didn't end up leaving til a little later than I think we both planned on, so I crashed when we got home. I was supposed to be up early saturday morning to get ready to help with a wedding, but I was too tried to get all my junk together... so that brings us up to...

Saturday! I woke up early and threw all the junk in the car i had promised to bring to this wedding I was helping out with. I got there just alittle after 9, and started steaming fabric, taking pictures, helping here and there with what I could. I was on my feet too much on saturday. I started having real light contractions or cramps. Kinda weirded me out. Just cause I was thinking it's too soon, but anyways, as soon as I got home from the wedding, i started editing pictures and trying to get them ready to make cds/dvds for the barzee's on sunday. I finally had to go to bed cause I was TOO tired.

Sunday morning I got up and finished editing and started burning cd's and stuff... I got ready for church, got taylor ready, chris got ready... and we went off to church. Spent the day there, came home, ate dinner (thanks dad for cooking.) And the contractions started again. I got kinda winded, like I'd just run up stairs or something. I got real thirsty, so I thought, maybe it's dehydration... so I drank some water. The contractions kept on for a few hours, til I finally fell asleep.

Now it's monday morning and time for me to rest. All i have to do today is worry about taylor, clean my room, and check on my mom. If the contractions come back, I may call the dr, but til then, I'm just gonna stick with being dehydrated. There are no other "symptoms" to go along with the contractions, and a friend said she had Braxton Hicks the entire time she was pregnant... so maybe that's just what I'm having. If I start having pain or anything, I'll call the dr. But, I'm fine, the family's fine, we're all doing pretty good. I'm hoping this week will be a little slower!!! We'll see!

2 comments:

  1. WOOOOOOOOOO WEEEEEEEEEEEE sister!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm only 3 mintes away if you or your Mom need anything. :) Please don't hesitate to call.

    ReplyDelete

Leave A Note!