Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

The past year has been the HARDEST of my life. It's been the hardest on my marriage, my body, my brain, my emotions, my heart. I have been the saddest I've ever been, I've been the maddest I've ever been, but I've been the happiest I've ever been. I celebrated my daughters 1st birthday and 4 months later had another daughter. I've had aches and pains that I've never had before. I've lost more sleep than actually slept. I've been diagnosed with carpal tunnel, depression, and I need atleast 2 root canals. Some days, it's all I can do to get out of bed. But then,

I see their faces
I hear their laughter
I see them play
I see them learning
I see them growing
I watch them sleeping
I see those smiles
I feel their hugs
I get their kisses
They make every moment of my life worth living and I'm striving to be the best I can for them (and chris too.)
This last picture is my attempt to get a good pic of my girls together for my mom, chris's mom, and our grandmothers. As you can see, it didn't happen. Oh well. I have two gorgeous daughters. And a wonderful husband. I am blessed beyond compare. This past year has been the hardest, but the most rewarding. I love my girls more than I ever thought was humanly possible and I'm so greatful to my Heavently Father and Chris for them :)
Here's my favorite mommy stuff....
It kills you to see them grow up. But I guess it would kill you quicker if they didn't.
A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie
The phrase "working mother" is redundant.
She never quite leaves her children at home, even when she doesn't take them along.
When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.
If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?
Mothers are fonder than fathers of their children because they are more certain they are their own.
Any mother could perform the jobs of several air traffic controllers with ease.
Now, as always, the most automated appliance in a household is the mother.
One of the very few reasons I had any respect for my mother when I was thirteen was because she would reach into the sink with her bare hands - bare hands - and pick up that lethal gunk and drop it into the garbage. To top that, I saw her reach into the wet garbage bag and fish around in there looking for a lost teaspoon. Bare hands - a kind of mad courage.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest.
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all you wonderful moms out there. You're great examples and thanks for that.

3 comments:

  1. I just read 2 back to back blogs from moms who hate mother's day. I was sitting here with sorrow in my heart because of the disgust on my tongue. Then I read this with tears in my eyes and an joy in my heart with love for my own family. Thank you for giving me that today! Happy Mother's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss ya friend..Hang in there we need to do lunch and hang out. Let me know when your free

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being a mom is definitely the hardest job on earth, but it is also definitely the best job on earth. Your girls are adorable! Hope you had a Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete

Leave A Note!