Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Me and My precious Daughter of God!


So, I was way behind last month on my visiting teaching... I did it the Last day. And it wasn't that great of a message I guess. I could have done more. But, I did print out a talk by Elder M. Russell Ballard called Daughters of God. I thought since mother's day was in May that the talk would be real good for the month. I liked the talk alot before I printed it out, and since, I've read it over and over again.

I love how Elder Ballard talks about how there is no one way to be a good mom. Every situation, mother, and child is different. I also particularly LOVE what he says about Focusing "on things that can only be done in a particular season of life." The most formative years of our children's lives (the first 5 years or so) is less than one tenth of my life-time. How can I be so selfish to not spend that time with my wonderful daughter.

Chantelle was a big example to me. I don't know if ya'll read her blog, but she decided to completely stop blogging and using the internet so much, so she could spend more time with her kids. I know she didn't mean for this to happen by any means, but I felt guilty for all the times I've just left taylor watching a movie or playing on the floor by herself while I wasted time online.

I'm not going to totally give up my blog... It's an outlet for me! It gives me time to relax and I love reading what all my friends have written and what's going on in their lives. It's refreshing to know I"m not the only frustrated mom out there. It's refreshing to know that y'all love your dear children just as much as I love mine. But I am going to quit being on my computer while Taylor's awake. She sleeps for around 3 to 4 hours a day during her naps... sometimes more. If I can't get done what I need to get done online in that amount of time, then I'm spending WAY too much time online.

I need to be there with her, playing, reading, watching, listening, teaching, when she's awake. This past year has already gone by way too fast and I don't want to miss ANY of the next few. Especially with our new little baby coming, Taylor's not going to get the attention this winter that I can give her now. So I want to make sure and give her all I have now.

I also really appreciate in the talk how Elder Ballard recognizes the Emotional struggle it can be to be a mom, regardless of whether you work or not. There are times when it is the most wonderful thing in the world to be a mother. There are times when I'd rather not look at Taylor right then. Then there are times when I feel like the most inadequate person in the world, to be caring for this perfect little spirit. It helps to know that there are other women out there with the same struggles. And I also have a Heavenly Father and Savior who are there to support me in this sacred calling!

Thank you to all of my friends for being wonderful examples to me of what a mother should be. I look up to you and learn from y'all everyday. Thank you for helping to show me the ropes. I'm so thankful to have come to the White House ward and met all of you. And I'm greatful to be in such a wonderful family with wonderful in-laws (mother and sisters!) Y'all are so much fun and I love being a part of the Neely Family.

So, I may not be on here as much... Or I may, I don't know exactly how much time I'll have on here now. But it may end up that with all the play I'm doing with Taylor, I'll have lots of fun things to talk about. We'll see.

1 comment:

  1. Awww, thanks but I tried to give it up but I couldnt so I just (try to anyways)get on about once a week or so, but thanks for the compliment, that totally made my day and just so you know you are an awesome mom and an example to me too!

    ReplyDelete

Leave A Note!