Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Taylor "Teefers"

or in other words... Taylor's Teeth! (It drives chris nuts that I call them her teefers... but I don't care... that's what I call them.)


So, some of you may know that Taylor did not get ANY teeth in until she was 13 1/2 months old... pretty late compared to most kids. I worried a bit that she'd forever be a toothless hillbilly, but they finally did come in. We actually noticed the first one had broken through on July 4th! She now has two teeth on the bottom, and I think 2 or 3 coming in at the moment.


Since she now has teeth, we decided to go shopping yesterday and buy Taylor her first toothbrush and toothpaste. She's big into Elmo right now, so we found a real cute Sesame Street toothbrush with him on it. She held it the entire time we were at the store. We also got some great toddler toothpaste (flouride free so she can swallow all she wants!)


Last night before bed, we brushed her teeth (though she did have her sippy cup of milk afterwards... atleast we're getting a habit started.) First, I made sure to get her 2 little "teefers" clean and then let her have fun with her toothbrush. So tonight, we brushed them again. I figured this is pretty monumental so I got out the camera.


That's when I realized, we have never taken any picture of her teeth! So after a few shots with her toothbrush... I tried getting some of her teeth! No luck. So then, I asked chris for his help. I think the pictures explain themselves!










We finally gave up after this last one... You can kinda see one of her teeth in the one before it, but chris's finger is in the way a bit. Oh well. So much for the cute little picture i had in mind of her smiling and those cute "teefers" showing. I guess it'll have to wait til she can say "cheese".

2 comments:

  1. awwwwww so cute!!! Im so glad they came in. I love her little hair due. I like the word TEEFERS its a cute little kid word

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha... those pictures are hilarious! That's one thing that I wish would change about motherhood. I either wish I could get my kids to cooperate or that my hopes wouldn't be so high to get that one perfect picture! Congrats on the teeth though! That's a big milestone.

    ReplyDelete

Leave A Note!