No pics from the farm yesterday yet... I want to edit them first. There's some AWESOME pics though.
Anywho - I"m way excited because we got the letter in the mail yesterday saying I can receive unemployment. That means that for the time being, we will still have some money coming in besides Chris's paycheck.
After thinking about working and school... and going back and forth for a long time, I've decided to go to school to get a diploma for Medical Administrative Assistant.
Now, here's the reasoning,
- I LOVE office work. Is that totally weird? I love the organization of it, the computer stuff, typing (I can type avg 80 wpm... I've typed around 120 before in speed tests in High School... I'm a weirdo, but I love it.)
- To Finish the program and earn a Diploma is only 3 trimesters, I'm thinking fall, spring, summer. They say most people finish in a year. So It's not too long.
- When I finish, I can work at hospitals or dr. offices. The pros about working in a hospital is I can work nights and weekends, when Chris is home with the girls, so we won't need any kind of Child care!!!! That's a HUGE PLUS! The main reason I'm going out for a medical assistant instead of a business or legal!
- With some kind of degree, i'll hopefully be able to find work when Chris begins school FULL TIME and quits work. That way, we'll have atleast some kind of income while we're basically living off student loans.
- I can earn this degree completely online. And Can also get Pell Grants to pay for most if not all of it!
I have prayed about this and really feel excited about it all. I'm 99% sure this is what I need to do right now. It isn't the degree I've always wanted, or anything I really have a background in... but that's kinda the point. I thought about going to school for teaching or early childhood education, but I don't really think that's what I want right now. I want change! So that's what I'm doing.
Anyways - There's lots of changes and such going on in my idea of what the rest of my life would look like and at first I was nervous. I don't really like major changes. But I'm beginning to get used to these new ideas and I'm getting excited. So yeah. Just an update. This next week I've got to actually go APPLY for school... after 8 years out of school... I'm now going back... and I'm SO READY!