Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Precious Sleep

Sometimes I really hate being pregnant. Monday Night was kinda rough, cause me and chris were babysitting the little girl I used to nanny (both her parents were out of town) and Chris had a softball game (WHICH THEY WON... Before that, they were 0 and 8! So it was nice to win a couple!!!! The first game was like 19 to 0 and the 2nd game was like 30-2) They play double headers. The first game starts at 8 and the 2nd game at 9. So it was a late night... even though me and the girls only stayed for the first game. Both were pretty cranky when we got back to the house and I had to set up a blow up bed for elizabeth and then a portacrib for taylor. Needless to say, I didn't get them into bed til about 10:30, and I myself stayed up til about 11:30. Then I didn't sleep too well that night. it's hard for me when I'm not in my own bed.

So I was tired last night and ready for a good night's sleep. I woke up this morning at 3 cause I had to pee (not unusual... since I've got a baby that likes to lay on my bladder.) SO I went pee and laid back down. I usually have no problem going right back to sleep... but last night i layed there for about 5 minutes and was wide awake. Then I got so thirsty, I could have drank an entire lake. I had a fruit juice thing in the fridge so I got it out and downed it. And I laid back down. I tried to snuggle up to chris, but I started suffocating (I do that alot at night if my face is buried or on something) and I had an asthma attack. So i used my inhaler and laid back down. I have tackacardia (sp?) and so my heart started racing really bad. It's not that easy to fall asleep when your heart is pounding in your chest 10 times faster than usual (the 10 times faster thing is an exaggeration, but you get the point!) So I got up and got on the computer. I had a ton of editing to do on some photos. By now, it was about 3:45. I stayed on the computer for about an hour and a half. I finally at 5:15 or so, decided I needed to fight my insomnia and get some more sleep or I'd be useless today. So I Laid down... and finally fell asleep at like 5:30 ish... I think. So then Chris's alarm goes off at 6! It doesn't usually even wake me up (after 4 years of sleeping through his alarm clock, they don't wake me up anymore!) But it woke taylor up and taylor's fussing wakes me up pretty dang fast. So I rolled over and asked him to go make her a breakfast bottle. He said okay... and laid there. I waited a few minutes, and his alarm went off again (he always hits the snooze like 4 times!) Taylor was still fussing (which I CAN"T sleep through) and So I got up and went and made the bottle myself. I was a little aggravated... But this isn't a complaint on my husband. He's usually really good about doing things when/if I ask him to. He was just sleepy too (but, he isn't pregnant and insomnia-ic!) But I gave her the bottle and laid back down. Chris got up after another 2 snooze buttons, and got ready for work and I fell gladly back to sleep... Til he was ready to leave and he always kisses me goodbye before he leaves. It's sweet! I usually sleep through it :) I didn't today though... I woke up... and it took me another 15-20 minutes to get back to sleep. And then 30 minutes later... Taylor was up for the day. So I'm up now... a complete zombie, and the rainy, dreary day outside doesn't make it any better.

It is Wednesday though... and CANDACE"S BIRTHDAY!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! and tomorrow is my anniversary (4 yrs!!!) And friday is taylor's birthday. And Saturday avery graduates. So there's lots to look forward to. I just have to make it through the day without passing out!

This is just something I put together last night/this morning... If/When I start my own photography business, I'll offer these precious parts collages. I think they're so sweet! Anyways.

Precious Parts!


  1. Hey, thanks for the awesome birthday shout out! We'll see ya soon!

  2. I love the photo collage! :) Wow!


Leave A Note!