Thursday, May 1, 2008

The Crafty Side of Me.



I am hooked! I can't quit crafting right now. I've had all the ideas swimming in my head for like a year or more and now they're all coming to life... it's great. It started with Will's car mat. Then I decided to make a quiet book. (I kinda copied your idea candace. I hope you take it as flattery... Your book was so cute. I had to make one for Taylor.)

Then I made this floor pillow. I've wanted to make a pillow for taylor to lay on and watch tv, or read a book... or just do whatever with. But I didn't quite know how to make one... I've never made a pillow before. Silly I know... all you do is sew a square, but I was still nervous about making one. I also put a tic-tac-toe board on the other side of the pillow with a pocket and game pieces. Anyways, I used a premade pillow (24" x 24") and bought 30" of 45" fabric (one white, one print.) I trimed them down to 25 1/2 " by 25 1/2". I used some of the excess to make a pocket (I think my pocket is kinda ghetto. I'm sure those of you who are pros at sewing could do better.) I painted (with puff paint) the white fabric with a game board, and then cut the game pieces from felt. My game pieces are about 5 inches a piece and my pocket is like 7 1/2" finished. It's a bit of a tight squeeze though, cause there are 6 of each game piece (x's and o's.) I know she can't play tic-tac-toe yet, but she enjoys playing with the felt, and me and chris can play with when we're bored. I might make a checkerboard one for the new baby.







I also had enough fabric to make this simple bag/purse. It's not anything super sturdy, but I did need a library bag to keep all our library books in... and this works perfectly. :) I'm really excited about it. I'm sure you all could figure out a much better way to make a bag, but for never having made a purse before, I'm proud of myself.

Anyways, now I have so many ideas on things i want to do. I don't know where to start next. But now that I have actually STARTED, I don't think I'll be able to stop... maybe this is part of my nesting coming through. :) Who knows. But I'm enjoying all this creativity.

2 comments:

  1. That is the cutest picture of Taylor laying on the pillow!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm so totally impressed! I love getting crafty. It's so much fun! I love the pillow with the tic tac toe board! How creative! :) You're very talented!

    ReplyDelete

Leave A Note!